Saturday, January 06, 2007

trader moms world

January is the month that we revaluate and get ourselves motivated to do what we put off until we feel guilty. From the comments on my blog I see I need to post !! Well we are listening to Garrison Keilor, and dad is sleeping after running on the treadmill. I told him not to run too long as he hadn't run in quite a while. I too started back at curves. It actually felt good and I'm not sure what else I would do to take its place. I am making some low calorie soup and trying to purge my body from eating sweets and rich food at Christmas. I don't know why we go through all these rituals but I guess we like to believe we can at least make an attempt to get more healthy. But life is also short and we need to savor and enjoy each day. I know I truly enjoyed being with each and every family member over the holidays. So here goes--chicken taco soup and a workout on the way--til later

6 comments:

Tech Mom said...

Sorry about the title--the new format messed me up!!

Caslon said...

I ordered a step machine. I lost weight but realized my back end looks different than it did at 21 - go figure! Other than that I would say my big goals for this year are to get more involved at church, and do some projects around the house. I started to list those but the list got too long so I deleted them. I have lots I want to do - but in reality none of it really matters. It's family and friends and Faith.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Mom.
My gym membership is up in March, and I've decided to use it until then. I went today, and it felt so good!!!! (I was partially motivated by our shopping attempt yesterday, I got one blouse in XL for the length. juniors xl, but still xl. I'm hoping the new curves will have a grand-opening special that is too good to pass up. We looked at Ellipticals briefly when we were shopping yesterday. Very briefly.

Tech Mom said...

I am not sure but I think costco has elipticals--we got a january special flyer yesterday will check that.

crt said...

we watched "super-size me" to other night. so we're eating better this year. still no exercising, but one major change at a time.

Anonymous said...

the elliptical in their ad is still a grand. and if we have to move, that's one more thing. so for now, i would rather get a gym or curves membership, or do the pay punch cards at the rec center.

plus, bear might try to step on the elliptical, and that would be a safety hazard. she already stands on the front of her walker.