Saturday, June 28, 2008

WRONG DATE

This is an embarrassing post, but here goes!! Tech dad and I were looking forward to going to this wedding tonight-I even co-hosted a shower for the bride!! We got dressed-I even got a pedicure. We centered our day around this, not doing too much just getting ready for our trip next weekend including getting fireworks for the grandkids.
We drove up to the church and parked in the parking lot. Cars came in and people got out--dad and I said to each other-maybe we overdressed!! People had tennis shoes and casual clothes on and were walking toward the church. Finally we said maybe there are 2 events going on. A very nice lady said it was a social gathering for a study group. I asked if there was another Methodist church in Collierville--she said yes on the square--we drove over there--no one there. I called my friend and she said the wedding was on Friday Night!!!!!!!! She thought we were out of town. Well what to do-- all dressed up and no place to go so dad said let's go see a movie--guess what the name was--Get Smart!! That will teach me to read more closely next time!! I am going to write the bride and tell her this story--that will be on of the funny things that happened at their wedding......I did feel better when my friend said they had done the same thing once also. Cie le vie!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's too funny.

Caslon said...

I'm glad you got to see Get Smart - and it's quite the funny story!